TAKE ON HATE Internship in metro Detroit
The Campaign to TAKE ON HATE—led by the National Network for Arab American Communities (NNAAC), an ACCESS institution—challenges hate and bigotry toward all, and addresses the growing discrimination and persistent misconception of Arab and Muslim Americans, including refugees. TAKE ON HATE aims to achieve meaningful social change not only through public education, media and coalition building, but also by providing a platform for all communities to speak up and inspire real change that challenges institutional discrimination and protects the rights of our communities.
As a representative of TAKE ON HATE, your primary role as our intern is to advance our mission at your university campus through student organizing. The secondary goal is to support the local TAKE ON HATE projects under the supervision of the Advocacy and Engagement Specialist. This internship is an unpaid opportunity for full-time or part-time interns.
- Meet three times a week with the Civic Engagement and Advocacy Specialist
- Work closely with Advocacy Specialist to plan TAKE ON HATE events (i.e. informational session, dialogue, booths)
- Help reach out to potential volunteers of at least 10 individuals to assist in community organizing
- Outreach to student organizations to endorse the mission of TAKE ON HATE
- Research on policies regarding social justice
- Report back to campaign manager once a week to discuss progress
- A sense of humor, ambitions and ability to have fun
- A strong commitment to the mission of the Campaign to TAKE ON HATE and a passion for social/racial justice work
- Ability to work well with diverse individuals
- Ability to self-regulate priorities, time and tasks to ensure successful completion of goals
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school program
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Asha Noor, TAKE ON HATE Advocacy and Engagement Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share this post!